Hardware and software inclusion in price estimate:
If you ask us to or it is a major component of the job at hand then yes, we will include the parts necessary. Hardware and software costs for components that need to be replaced, installed, or upgraded will be assesed at the time of service or scheduling and will be incurred by the customer. TechMedx Service Representatives will notify the customer of any additional costs as soon as we know that you will need these extra components.
Endorsing one product over another:
We will recommend products but solely on their individual merits (such as Anti-Virus Software). We will not recommend products or services if we did not believe it helps our customers. We are not liable for anything bad that could happen resulting from the hardware or software.
The appointment/ cancellation policy:
We strive to meet our customers within 2 hours of the projected appointment time. Depending on circumstances beyond our control, some appointments may be delayed longer than expected (i.e. traffic congestion, weather, etc.) in which case a representative will try to call you in advance and notify you of the delay.
Cancellations & Rescheduling of appointments must be made three hours prior to the appointment time. A cancellation fee of $40.00 will be assessed otherwise.
Customers canceling or rescheduling appointments due to TechMedx not meeting the appointment time will not be assessed fees or penalties. TechMedx representatives may waive fees for extenuating circumstances upon individual discretion.
TechMedx Warranty / Service Contract
All references such as “Customer”, “I”, “You”, “Your”, or “Me” refer to the person, business representative, or customer requesting services by TechMedx.
1. Repairs will use new or rebuilt replacement parts that perform to factory operational specifications, for hardware repairs. For no additional charge, TechMedx will correct any defects in workmanship of the services provided the defects are reported to TechMedx within 30 days from the date as posted on the receipt. If the part is covered for more than 30 days and you call me after 35th then don’t worry, we can still get warranty from the manufacturer. Spam, ad-ware, and virus removals are not included in a 30 day warranty and will expire upon the departure of the service representative from the service location(s). Customers who have had Spam, ad-ware, or virus removal services are encouraged to inspect their PC (s) before the departure of the service representative to ensure completion of service.
2. I agree that TechMedx technicians may repair all apparent defects unless otherwise requested and may access files, information and/or other data on my product during the repair. I must report any physical damage (i.e. dents or scratches) of my product (s) at time of service completion and/or pick up otherwise I waive all claims I may have.
3. When service or repair of my product is completed, TechMedx will attempt to notify me of service completion. If after 30 days the customer is not able to be contacted and/or fails to respond after repeated attempts; TechMedx has the right to dispose of the serviced product by any means and methods it may choose to recover costs and charges. Also, unless otherwise made known by the customer, TechMedx will dispose of any replacement products or extra parts by any means or method it may choose at its sole discretion. TechMedx cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any information that may remain on unclaimed electronic storage devices, including hard drives and computer disk drives. I hereby waive and release all claims against TechMedx and its owner related to such products and its disposal.
4. I understand that TechMedx will notify me for approval of all repairs that will exceed the minimum approval amount stated on the service order before my product is repaired. If TechMedx is unable to receive my approval to exceed the estimate, the product will be returned to the customer possibly un-repaired with labor charges still applicable.
5. TechMedx strives to meet the scheduled completion date but TechMedx may change that date and will notify the customer of any significant changes to the scheduled completion date. In some instances TechMedx may not be able to perform repairs or services due to conditions, pre-existing the repair or service of your product. Such conditions may be such as defects or failure in any software, data, or computer hardware components, or due to other factors beyond TechMedx control. In the event that repairs or services cannot be performed, TechMedx will contact you. A minimum labor charge may still apply in the event that services can not be completed due to the before mentioned factors.
6. TechMedx will NOT back up any data, software, information and/or files on Customer computer(s) or other product unless I specifically request TechMedx to do so. An applicable fee prior to the performance of the service will be applied. I also agree that, whether or not I request a backup, TechMedx shall not be responsible under any circumstances for any loss, disclosure, alteration or corruption of any data, software, or information. Even though data transfer and recovery utilities are considerably reliable and efficient; they are not 100% and data corruption is possible during the transfer and backup process.
7. By Signing I agree to a minimum labor charge for troubleshooting/repairing my product in the event that such labor charges are not covered by a service warranty. A minimum labor charge may be dismissed depending on the discretion of the service representative. Failure to pay for services rendered and materials at the time of completion will result in a claims process involving city, county, and or state legal authorities and claims services with the customer incurring all legal costs, fines, and service charges as required for TechMedx to receive payment for services rendered and materials.
8. For verification and support purposes your name, address, e-mail, internet address, and other information may be recorded by TechMedx. Your information will be held in the strictest confidentiality and will not be disclosed to any third party unless required by law.
9. By accessing this site and its resources the Customer acknowledges that the Customer, or an authorized representative, has read and agrees to all provisions within this service contract and waives all possible liabilities and responsibilities of TechMedx not covered by this contract.
If you do not agree with any of these terms, do not access or otherwise use the Web Site, or services offered, or any information or materials contained on the Web Site. Your use of the Web Site shall be deemed to be your agreement to abide by each of the terms set forth below.
TechMedx, and the web site of TechMedx respects your privacy and is committed to protect the personal information that you share with us. Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself. When we do need your business information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a business, billing or other physical address, other contact information, company, other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
When you browse our website
You do so anonymously until you login with your user name and password. We don’t automatically collect personal information, including your email address. We do log your IP address (the Internet address of your computer) to authenticate your visit. We do not link your IP address to any personal information unless you have logged in to our website. Like many other commercial websites, the TechMedx.com website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the site. TechMedx.com collects personal information only when you register with us for an active account. Access to certain site pages require a login and a password.
Only our site mailing list is an option selected by you at signup. This mailing is our (product) site news that many viewers wish to be kept up to date on. This mailing is less than 1 email a month, and again it is totally optional for your account. No other mail lists will (or can) exist from your account with us.
A cookie is a small data file that certain Web sites write to your hard drive when you visit them. A cookie file can contain information such as a user ID that the site uses to track the pages you’ve visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites.
How We Use Information Collected
TechMedx.com uses information for several general purposes: to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, to keep you up to date on the latest announcements (if you select our Newsletter option at sign up). We never give out or sell your information to any outside properties, firms, or people period.
Children and Privacy
Our website does not contain any profanity or nudity of any sort. Our site, although intended for users 13 and over, is generally “surfed” by younger audiences being the nature of our products. Under no circumstances do we approve of an order placed by a youth or teen. However we cannot police this matter (especially when we cannot prove one’s age over the Internet) so the supervision is entirely within your household.
Third Party Sites, Software, and Tutorials
TechMedx.com offers links, tools, and tutorials free of charge to the general public. Please understand that all software linked to this site is offered as is and TechMedx does not take responsibility or accept liability if you accidentally fry your system. Some tools available to you are extremely powerful and are to be used at your own risk.
We reserve the right to amend this policy from time to time. Any substantial changes are always the benefit of our valued customers.